The Railserve LEAF® Gen-Set Locomotive
Made by Switchers, for Switchers
The Railserve LEAF® Locomotive uses a single Cummins QSX15-L3 600 hp Genset to minimize fuel usage and significantly reduce emissions while maintaining the performance of a traditional switching (shunting) locomotive. The Railserve LEAF was created specifically for industrial in-plant and commercial yard switching applications. It maximizes tractive effort at speeds less than 10 mph (16 km/h). A Dual Genset LEAF provides additional speed and tractive effort and may be used in regional rail environments.
LEAF locomotives can be shipped Internationally as well as North America. We currently have several units in service in Africa.
The Railserve LEAF reduces NOx emissions and particulate matter 84% and meets EPA emissions standards for Tier III diesel engines.
Lower Fuel Usage
The Railserve LEAF reduces fuel consumption 45-65% over a conventional locomotive.
- FRA compliant
- Eliminates Wet-Stacking and uses 90% less oil
- Onboard computer provides real-time engine performance reporting
- Traction control system minimizes wheel slip
- 10% lower decibel output than conventional locomotives
- Automatically shuts down if not moved after a variable pre-set time limit
- One button push start eliminates up to 30 minutes of startup preparation
- Same cab controls as conventional locomotives
- Uses readily available parts